What o rings for this heat exchanger

Sponsored Links
Don't waste your time buying refurbished primary heat exchangers...much of these "refurbished" descriptions are nothing of the sort...just a brief external clean up. eBay refuse to enforce accurate descriptions.

Even if an attempt has been made there's no way they can guarantee the cleaning will have restored the part to near new condition. Inside the tubes will almost certainly be turbulator wires...coiled wire to cause water turbulence for better heat transfer...and the small gaps between them will not be clean.

The fact that this part entails work within the combustion chamber means that your work does not comply with the forum rules and should be entrusted to a registered gas installer..no sensible installer would fit secondhand parts sourced by a customer.

Don't waste your time buying refurbished primary heat exchangers...much of these "refurbished" descriptions are nothing of the sort...just a brief external clean up. eBay refuse to enforce accurate descriptions.

Even if an attempt has been made there's no way they can guarantee the cleaning will have restored the part to near new condition. Inside the tubes will almost certainly be turbulator wires...coiled wire to cause water turbulence for better heat transfer...and the small gaps between them will not be clean.

The fact that this part entails work within the combustion chamber means that your work does not comply with the forum rules and should be entrusted to a registered gas installer..no sensible installer would fit secondhand parts sourced by a customer.

A gas safe registered engineer is doing the work. I haven't yet ordered the part but thanks for the heads up.

I am aware who can do the work within combustion chamber and that is why I haven't gone near it.

I may source a new part depending on price. I don't want to replace my boiler just yet.

I haven't read the forum rules for a while but asking what parts I need to order for a professional to then install surely doesn't breach these.

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
You haven't said what the problem is. What makes you think a replacement h/ex will cure it?

It is leaking. You can see green stuff where it leaks. Only leaks when the boiler has cooled for around 4 hours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back