Adding to my outside lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I currently have an outside light above my front door. Is it possible to connect another 2 lights to the same switch, so I can have a light at each end of the house, along with the one above the front door? Also, another option is fitting soffit downlighters to the same switch, & have maybe 3-4 along the front of the house? Any help greatly appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably, but depends on existing load and circuit arrangement, and proposed additional load

Okay. I have got someone coming round to look, just wondering roughly the sort of costs I'd be looking at? The switch is currently a double switch, shared with the hallway light. Maybe the outside lights would be better on a separate switch?

You've asked a very open ended question, without posting any pictures or real details, but essentially, it should all be feasible. Anythings possible, and it's more a case of how much works required to get the cabling though.

Sensible choice to get someone round, and maybe get a couple of other quotes as well; then come back if there are any further queries.

Sponsored Links
Have the "someone" do everything - outside lights, consumer unit move, living room light, all as one job.

Plus any other changes you want. It would be a good idea to just spend some time living there and finding out what changes and additional things etc you need. The number of times people fetch up here looking for ways to make changes without damaging their new walls/ceilings/floors because they didn't think long enough about where they want sockets, switches, lights.....

Yeh I wont be doing any electrical work myself. Just a quick one, is there such a thing as outside lights that come on when its dark and off when its light?

Yes its called photo cell control, these days you can make them do anything you can imagine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back