Adding trickle vents to a non trickle vented uPVC window?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was re-reading our damp report from the independent surveyor & trickle vents was one thing listed as something that could be beneficial.

Not something i'd tackle if it could be done (i'd get some professional in), but can they be added afterwards or is it only when the window is being made?

IF they can be added afterwards then what's the process? They don't need to remove the windows do they?

Finally, how do they get on with heating in the house? Doesn't all the heat escape through these things or does that not happen?

Sponsored Links
Trickle vents can be retrospectively fitted, yes.

Tricky job though even for a pro'. A ruddy nightmare if there is an ally reinforcing bar in there!

You seem to have a lot of 'meat' showing on the top rail so it should be reasonably straight forward.

Just looking at the photos - I presume your house is rendered like the neighbours? How much of the header render is lapping down onto the window?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back