1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Adding Vaillant wireless thermostat to existing system

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Gareth humphreys, 14 Mar 2021.

1. Gareth humphreys

Gareth humphreys

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all,
    I have a three story home, one VRT350 thermostat in the hall for downstairs, another VRT 350 thermostat on the top floor landing.

The problem: the downstairs thermostat is on the cold north side of the house, and the living room is south facing and gets really warm. So there can be times where we’re sitting is a nice sunlit warm room, and the radiators are on! Crazy!

so i want to put the thermostat in the living room (which is where is should have been installed anyway according to the VRT350 installation manual)

So I purchased a VRT350f wireless thermostat.
    I’ve taken the old thermostat off its mounting and put the wireless receiver in its place (attached to the ebus terminals.)

The wireless thermostat seems to be connected to the reciever and gives information about what’s happening with flow and temperatures etc, but won’t actually turn the heat up?

what do i ned to do? What have i missed? Does the boiler or thing that controls the zones need configuration?

2. ScottishGasMan

ScottishGasMan

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You cant mix wired and wireless Vaillant controls. And you can only use the 350f for one zone, needs wired for 2 zones.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. Gareth humphreys

Gareth humphreys

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, thanks for the info!

so, can I change the controller from multi zone to mono zone?

ie: can I run two valves from one electrical connector on the controller and move it’s switch to position “0”?

5. Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Might TRV's work better, or those local wireless TRV's? Eric uses them.

6. Sponsored Links
  7. ScottishGasMan

ScottishGasMan

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yea, you could disconnect the other wired stat so that its only the single 350f and receiver and wire both valves to the one output and working it that way.

If its a combi system then you dont even need the valves or wiring center, you would just have the boiler, wireless stat, and lock both valves manualy open position. But if your heating a seperate DHW cylinder then stick to origional and just wire both valves to single output