Adding Vaillant wireless thermostat to existing system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a three story home, one VRT350 thermostat in the hall for downstairs, another VRT 350 thermostat on the top floor landing.

The problem: the downstairs thermostat is on the cold north side of the house, and the living room is south facing and gets really warm. So there can be times where we’re sitting is a nice sunlit warm room, and the radiators are on! Crazy!

so i want to put the thermostat in the living room (which is where is should have been installed anyway according to the VRT350 installation manual)

So I purchased a VRT350f wireless thermostat.
I’ve taken the old thermostat off its mounting and put the wireless receiver in its place (attached to the ebus terminals.)

The wireless thermostat seems to be connected to the reciever and gives information about what’s happening with flow and temperatures etc, but won’t actually turn the heat up?

what do i ned to do? What have i missed? Does the boiler or thing that controls the zones need configuration?

Sponsored Links
You cant mix wired and wireless Vaillant controls. And you can only use the 350f for one zone, needs wired for 2 zones.

Hi, thanks for the info!

so, can I change the controller from multi zone to mono zone?

ie: can I run two valves from one electrical connector on the controller and move it’s switch to position “0”?

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for the info!

so, can I change the controller from multi zone to mono zone?

ie: can I run two valves from one electrical connector on the controller and move it’s switch to position “0”?
Yea, you could disconnect the other wired stat so that its only the single 350f and receiver and wire both valves to the one output and working it that way.

If its a combi system then you dont even need the valves or wiring center, you would just have the boiler, wireless stat, and lock both valves manualy open position. But if your heating a seperate DHW cylinder then stick to origional and just wire both valves to single output

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back