Additional gang for extractor fan control.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

me being a pain again - i was wondering what the correct way would be to change my single gang switch that runs light + fan for downstairs WC so that i can replace it with double gang switch and use the fan + lights independently?

i "believe" this is how it's currently wired.

SHOWER_EXTRACTOR_FAN_25.jpg

i'm assuming it's not just the case of running cable from extractor fan to switch as this would exclude isolator fan switch, which obviously i don't want to do - also i know i can get live from the other/existing gang but just wondered where the feed/cable to the fan i.e. L1 on gang for fan would need to be added into this existing circuit?

main reason is we don't need fan on everytime we want to go to the toilet and with the little one asleep at night it can wake him up so want to avoid that :)

Sponsored Links
As you can see, the incorrectly named "ultimate handyman" shiote doesnt like you linking to them.

It would be better if you posted a picture of your actual wiring rather than your belief that it might be the same on the other place.
There are too many ways of connecting this sort of thing up.

As you can see, the incorrectly named "ultimate handyman" shiote doesnt like you linking to them.

It would be better if you posted a picture of your actual wiring rather than your belief that it might be the same on the other place.
There are too many ways of connecting this sort of thing up.

ahh ok thanks - will get some photos taken and post them! :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back