additional radiators

J

jdjcsw

I wish to add 2 new radiators to my existing system.
The boiler has more than enough capability to cope with the extra demand for heating.

Currently, 8mm pipe is run to each radiator.

What is the correct method of adding the new radiators i.e do I have to go back to the 22mm pipe and add another manifold to 8mm or can I tap off one of the 8mm already in use?

Sponsored Links
add another manifold....you won't feed 2 rads off 1 8mm pipe. Your boiler can cope with the 2 extra rads but have you sized up the main flow pipe to make sure that can cope?

The main flow pipe from boiler to manifold is 22mm.
I will be moving up from 9 to 9 radiators.

Thanks for your help.

You most likely will get away with it but you should work out the total btu output of all the proposed rads and the total btu output of the boiler to make sure it's big enough, then work out if the pipes can carry enough water to provide the rads.

Sponsored Links
It's easy enough to calculate the total btu of all rads, but how do you relate this to required flow rate?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back