ADE Optima plus2, replacement Alarm panel & upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I don't know if you can point me in the right direction or on to who, I am looking for some advice on the correct type alarm panel to replace a (working) old ADE optima plus2 (metal box type 25cm x 35cm approx. with separate keypad, year estimated. 1997), the ADE is 8 zone, all zones are fully used with (hardwired) PIR’s Magnetic contact and shock sensor in addition the fire zone output is also used on the powered smoke alarms.

I recently had an extension and garage build/office attached onto the house which have had additional PIR ‘s and door sensors wires run back to the existing panel location during the build, but never connected as the current panel does not have enough zones to support the additional PIR’s & door contacts.

Currently most are the sensors and switches are in use around the main home plus the additional ones that now need be connected from the build, the total counted around the property now are (connected and not)

7 PIR’s (all generic PIR’s except one Pyronix Dual tech KX15DTAM for garage area)

2 x Window shock sensors

1 x Side door (entrance) magnetic switch

1 x Garage door magnetic switch (electric door) so timer may need to be set longer when used

1 Fire Zone (maybe later add a second wireless if panel can support)

From the new upgraded panel, I am also looking now to have at least two user keypads, in addition scope to add (wireless) in future additional door sensor a wireless option due to building already built and now plastered, with alarm capable of SMS zone notification dialling and remote control via a mobile device to enable/disable. I have seen most of these options available on the smaller “standard” 8 zone home panels but won’t fulfil the current amount of sensors now at this property. Also to note that this current system does not use any resistors or EOL and wish to utilise if possible what is already fixed in place without additional or unnecessary work.

I have read brochures and manuals and now confused to what type suitable, any idea on what panel will support above either that be an 8/10 zone with an extended zone add-on features or am I now in the realms of small commercial.

many thanks

Stephen

Sponsored Links
That's 12 zones, so a Premier 24 with an 8XE will give you access to 16 hard wired zones.

if you want to ad wireless later you could add and 8XP.

That said if you looked at 64W with and 8XP, say from KIT-0086 that may work out better value, haven't priced it up.

I would go premier 48 metal box like your old plus 2 ( you won’t need to resistor wire the existing devices) as I remember that optima had separate tamper zones , you can pick up an 8xp cheap off eBay

if your are going for the 48 option, take 2 zones to each of the two keypads, then you wont need the 8XP at all.

What wireless devices are you looking at for the future:-

A kit 5 has:-
LCDP keypad
2 DT-W
2 QD-W
2 SC-W
32XP-W.
Premier 48 panel. dimensions 315mm x 415mm x 100mm

might work out cheaper.
if you use ebay might still be worth buying a kit 5 and getting the money back for the bits you don't need???

Sponsored Links
Hi many thanks for your feedback this is very much appreciated

I am currently looking at the premier panel now, in regards to wireless options the plan to install at least two Honeywell SHK8M Wireless Piezo Shock Sensors (or similar) and a wireless PIR were the wiring for these will be now too difficult to route. all I can say is my mind has been blown all the different panels I have just looked at.

FYI, checking today the current wiring (marking up for swap) on the old ADE panel I've found that the panel has not been putting a charge into the battery (battery low but okay), I wondered why the battery has lasted so long ;), I think the panel has slowly cooked itself and seen better days.

I will update, Cheers again for your advise.

Stephen

You can’t put other brand wireless devices on a Texecom panel ....plus the optima has probably burnt out the battery charging resistor because you didn’t replace the battery every 5 years

Thanks Sparkymarka

Just looking now, I agree and will stick to same kit at least compatible with each other. the panel has been switched off since moved in and recently fired up (month) when building finished, also the bell boxes have been replaced because the original ones that where a size of a coffin actually rotted and became so brittle they fell apart in your hands.

Cheers again have a great weekend

PS I will be replacing the battery ;)

Stephen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back