Ademco control panel stopped setting properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I would really appreciate a bit of help here please.

I have an alarm box is an ademco xpc microtech accord 8 with the control panel as picture.
IMG20230120234312.jpg

I had to switch the power off at the circuit breaker and later that night when I went to set the alarm to the "Night Set" (Easy Set 3) it beeped 3 times and never set.

After testing this more, it turns out the "Full Set" (Easy Set 1) doesn't work either, it gives the 3 beeps. When it was working you would hear 2 beeps but now you hear 3 beeps but doesn't set.

I noticed that if I try and set it by entering the code and then 1 for full set or the code and then 3 for night set the alarm shows that zone 8 is tripping.

The interesting thing is I don't have a zone 8!

Does anyone have any tips.

The call out charge for an alarm guy locally is £150 which I don't have at the moment.

Thanks in advance folks!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is the power still turned off to the alarm ?
Some alarms will not allow you to set alarm if power off.
When was the last time the battery was replaced.

Last edited:
Is the power still turned off to the alarm ?
Some alarms will not allow you to set alarm if power off.
When was the last time the battery was replaced.

Thanks for this. Yes, I should have said that. The power is still on at the box and the keypad (I'd used a stock photo of the keypad, I've now updated it to my one). Everything looks fine on it. I can't recall ever changing the battery :)

I assume the battery is in the main alarm box? If I do this the tamper light will go on?

Thanks again.

The main alarm box:
IMG20230120234338.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder about this Zone 8 when I don't have a zone 8. Any ideas why that could be saying it is tripping?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Could be faulty battery and this is how control panel says you have a fault.Not familiar with that control panel.
If battery over 5 years old then needs changing, screwfix is quickest option.
May need a 2.8ah or 7.0 ah battery.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back