Adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to stick a plastic sign onto the back of a notice board. The sign is about 2mm thick with a shiny back and the notice board is painted metal. It is a Fire Assembly Point notice to go at the corner of a car park.
I tried using mastic and it fell off after a few days. I wondered about grip fill but have never tried it for plastic.
Any ideas will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Contact adhesive if it's to be permanent.

Blup

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
use some sandpaper to roughen the painted area and the back of the sign before adding any adhesive.

Silicone sealant will do just fine, you just need to tape the sign using masking tape for 25 hours to let it set.
ditto contact adhesive.

I recently used the Wurth brand of mirror adhesive to re-glue granite upstands in a kitchen. The tube was given to me by a joiner who uses in all situations where, in the past, he would have used gripfill (obviously he wouldn't have used gripfill for mirrors).

Another alternative is a hot melt glue gun plus an adhesive of your choice. The hot melt glue locks the item in to place whist the adhesive is curing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back