Adjustable legs for kitchen cabinet with no base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m about to start building kitchen type units for our utility. I’m building the units to cover a non integrated washing machine and tumble dryer so the units have to be deeper than standard and have no base.

The sides of the cabinets will be made from 18mm ply and I want to avoid the ply sitting directly on the kitchen floor and potentially absorbing water and rotting. Can you get adjustable kitchen cabinet style legs that will be thin enough to go under the edge if the ply? They’ll be two thickness of ply back to back so the total thickness will be 36mm.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
space plugs might work assuming we are talking perhaps 50mm but would need to be adapted for the screw to fix within the spaceplug rather than through it ??

Are they not surrounded by cabinets?
Possibly add some hardwood to the bottom of the sides?
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/729...-Ap6NHgUskFsNJlEetNxeCNcH1uO4eQkaAlEkEALw_wcB
Unfortunately, the run is the tumble dryer (no base to cabinet), the washing machine (no base), Belfast sink unit (standard unit with base), and then the integrated freezer (no base).

I’m trying to keep the cabinets as tight as realistically possible to the appliances. I’m allowing 10mm clearance either side of each appliance, so not much space to attach hardwood to the side of each panel.

Sponsored Links
space plugs might work assuming we are talking perhaps 50mm but would need to be adapted for the screw to fix within the spaceplug rather than through it ??
Never heard of space plugs so a quick google and they look like they might be perfect! The end that goes against the wall has a hole small enough that I can screw it to the base of the panel and the other end can be adjusted to lift the panel off the floor.

great steer! Thanks

as suggested - bolt the unit wall together.
10mm clearance either side is too much - 5mm is fine.

That is another good idea. However, the floor is not totally flat so i'd have to scribe the ply to the floor which fitting an adjustable foot allows me to avoid.

That is another good idea. However, the floor is not totally flat so i'd have to scribe the ply to the floor which fitting an adjustable foot allows me to avoid.
Scribing hardly rocket science.
You need flat level surface for appliances .

The floors already down. Its an engineered wooden floor over a screed that isn't the flatest. The floor deflects slightly in places when under load so difficult to scribe to.

Its flat enough for the appliances, but dips down close to the walls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back