ADSL and PBX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully someone can help me. I have an analogue PBX with a couple of line in it. I want to get ADSL on one of them. If I have the line with the DSL on it terminated on a master socket, can I then take the Phone output from the microfilter and put it into the PBX.

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

Sponsored Links
yes

you might want to consider using a filter that is built into a NTE5 plate so you can keep the connection to the PBX hard wired (assuming it is at the moment)

plugwash said:
yes

you might want to consider using a filter that is built into a NTE5 plate so you can keep the connection to the PBX hard wired (assuming it is at the moment)

I would definately suggest the filter in the NTE, The line currents from a PBX may be higher than those on a normal phone and may magnetically saturate the inductors in a filter designed for a single phone and render them less effective.

Most of the NTE filters will tolerate a higher line current being designed to cope with two or more phone of hook at the same time.

But check with the BT / ISP as there have been restrictions on ADSL on switchboard lines in the past.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back