ADT Alarm Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have an ADT alarm and I do not subscribe to the repsonse service. We inherited the alarm from previous occupiers.

I now have a fault 'Call alarm Co Quote Code 05548'

Can anyone help? Am willing to try anything....

I do not wish to call ADT and paying until I absolutly have to.

help will be apprieciated.[/u]

Sponsored Links
Nope. There is nothing we can do.

You have two choices.

Rip out the alarm or ring ADT for the unlocking code.

They put the code your alarm is displaying into their computer, and it tells them the unlocking code.

The code on your alarm will be different each time you set it off.

i would go for the rip out option, as most of adt domestic alarms have no audiable sirens outside just a decoy and monitoring!
try 112233 as im sure this is the facory engineer code, if it was installed by a adt dealership and not adt itself, they never used to program the adt eng code!
if this code works, the alarm will sound, re-enter code, you will be in istaller mode! press esc, hopefully your activation code will have gone!

i would go for the rip out option, as most of adt domestic alarms have no audiable sirens outside just a decoy and monitoring!
try 112233 as im sure this is the facory engineer code, if it was installed by a adt dealership and not adt itself, they never used to program the adt eng code!
if this code works, the alarm will sound, re-enter code, you will be in istaller mode! press esc, hopefully your activation code will have gone!
You obviously don't understand/know how Code Reset works

Sponsored Links
europlex, sorry but i have to agree with alphaalarms in this case, if its a galaxy 8 or 16 (ADT's favorite) what he said will almost work. its code once more then escape.

how ever, the code is not likely to be the default

You obviously don't understand/know how Code Reset works

any help is better than NON....

Oh dear, the Engineer code is not going to reset a system that requires Code Reset

the Engineer code is not going to reset a system that requires Code Reset

Sorry, but where a galaxy is concerned it will. and since ADT love the galaxy........it stands to reason you can reset the OP's galaxy IF you have the engineers number (which we don't :cry: )

View media item 7047
View media item 7048
above is a galaxy i have, it has remote reset enabled, but i can reset it with the engineers code.

I also believe you can reset the Aritech (if you know how) without a remote reset.

Besides, what would be the point of of having a panel ask for remote reset if the engineer is there? it would make sense to let the engineer reset it as opposed to asking for a remote reset code.

:arrow: You have never seen a remote reset untill you see a redcare remote reset on a scantronic 96 being done. Thats clever (well clever looking anyway)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back