ADT Galaxy 16 Plus overcharging backup battery

Hi, I think you posted on my profile. I didn't receive a notification for that.

I wouldn't bother trying to adjust the 16+ board. It's likely a cap has dried out and caused the voltage regulation to go off. If you really wanted, you could start replacing caps or testing with an ESR meter, but the 16+ is so old, I wouldn't advise spending any time on it.

Something like the FX20 will be a decent replacement and will work with your existing wiring and keypad / other devices. If you're thinking about things like automation, then jump to the FX50. I normally sell the FX100+ for use with home assistant or other MQTT based integrations. If you have no plans for automation, then the 20 zone panel will be fine.

Sponsored Links
Hi Galaxy Guy,
Yes, Sparkymarka recommended you. re the above. Brilliant news, I have been wondering about the FX range, I think I will go with your advice & start looking, something which my son can use for automation, Thank you very much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back