ADT Galaxy 16 questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just moved into a new unit and there is an ADT Galaxy 16 CP171 installed. I don't know anything about alarms. Ive never had one at home or work.

As I understand, this alarm is one that calls the police if it goes off (or something to that effect) Ive been told by someone that ADT charge around £30 a month for the alarm to work. At the moment there is an RCD trip for the alarm which is flicked to "off" and BT are connecting my line on Thursday. I don't want to flick the trip to "on" because i'm worried the alarm will sound and i'll end up having to pay an emergency callout charge for non subscribers!

Given that I live a 5min walk from the unit, if it were to ever go off id probably hear the thing before the message has been sent down the phoneline!

So my question is.... can I get the alarm to work without subscribing with ADT and if possible can I get it to work without getting them to mess with it because im sure it'll cost £100 or something!

Like I say, I live close to my unit so I could probably just make one using any old siren and the reid switches that are already installed. As there is a system installed already I might as well try and get it going.

Many Thanks for any replies.

Sponsored Links
most alarm company know the galaxy system! there for if i was you i would get a local company in to reprogram your alarm and disconect your alarm from your phone line!
i would also get a speach dialler installed which will call 3 or 4 numbers when and if your alarm activates! i would ecpect this for around £200!
all the best

As I understand, this alarm is one that calls the police if it goes off (or something to that effect) Ive been told by someone that ADT charge around £30 a month for the alarm to work.
Nope, it calls ADT's monitoring centre, and tells them whether its a sensor trip or a confirmed break in (two+ sensors).

If its a confirmed breakin, and you have a URN, ADT will then call the police. If its just a sensor trip, they will call you. This is how it works for our businesses anyway. And if the system is any good, it will have microphones so ADT can listen in on alarm activation.

Clearly a monitored service like this has numerous benefits, but it depends if you place this much value on your business.

Thing is, if its been fitted by ADT, they will probably have you tied into a contract, which includes monitoring and maintenance. Not sure how it works on change of occupancy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back