ADT (Galaxy) alarm wont stop beeping, have no code.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, how are you?

Me? pulling my hair out, and the wife who is preggo isnt helping by going on at me cause of this damn alarm system.

So its another, moved into the house and ADT got there claws in before we moved in, (there was a preinstalled alarm when we moved in, and no code was left!!!) thread.
Alarm is a honeywell galaxy CO 2-12, and the panel is a honeywell EN 50131:3 2009.

Basically its asking for the user code,, we had a phone line test done and thats set it off beeping.

No code to enter, so im asking if there is anyway to stop it making the two beeps. One beep from each part. the control panel and the speaker bit.

SO im not fussed how,, i just need to get it to stop beeping. If i take the fuse out,there is a battery that needs to be removed, so if i take the metal box cover off to get at it will the main alarm sound?? or will that fix the problem? will switching my mains off, then taking an axe to each wire that goes into and out of the alarm box fix it? serious, its getting to that stage now.
if i take a hammer to both parts will that give me an e-shock??

Any advice would be great. I have read through the threads on here but no of the codes have done anything....

thanks for reading..
p.s. i have tried 1234, `12345, 1007, 54321 , 4321, 0000, 00000, and a few others..

Sponsored Links
remove fuse from spur at side of panel , open panel and remove spade connector from battery !
NOW this may set off the bell box or internal sounder BUT it should stop after 20 mins
Option 2 if it has a speaker remove one leg of the speaker plus the positive of the keypad bus in the panel
Best of luck.

hey sparkymarka, thanks for your reply.

that seems simple enough. my only concern is the bell ringer going off for 20 mins. I have no intention of keeping this system in, so could i cut the wire to the speaker box? that may sound drastic but the beeping has been going on for a long time, and i just want slience....lol.
also, when you say should, is that a definite should? as i think i will get it in the neck if thats goin off all night.. lol.

still, thanks again for your adivce, and once we have found out how long the ringer will go off for im going to follow your instructions.

sincerly, thank you. AND thanks for the quick reply.

Sponsored Links
for all those who read this, sparkymarka was bang on. siren didnt even last ten mins. BIG thanks to you and your solid simple advice.

all the best and take it easy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back