Advice about garage invoice please

Why are you being charged a £30 surcharge for the old unit, they already have the old unit.
Why are they charging £100 labour if its still within 12 months warranty.

In a case like this i would discuss with customer that company no longer trading, source him a new alternator, supply at trade price and fit free of charge as a gesture of goodwill, no one is really out of pocket and customer more than likely return in the future

Thats not right either.....the contract is with you the garage not the supplier. Its none of the end users concern where the part came from or if the company is still trading. They are only likely to return in that situation because they dont know the law and feel well looked after. The part must be replaced FOC by the garage. The customer would be out of pocket if they are charged trade price.......when the terms of their warranty are for 12 month replacement FOC unless you state otherwise on your invoices.

Sponsored Links
Why are you being charged a £30 surcharge for the old unit, they already have the old unit.
Why are they charging £100 labour if its still within 12 months warranty.

In a case like this i would discuss with customer that company no longer trading, source him a new alternator, supply at trade price and fit free of charge as a gesture of goodwill, no one is really out of pocket and customer more than likely return in the future

Thats not right either.....the contract is with you the garage not the supplier. Its none of the end users concern where the part came from or if the company is still trading. They are only likely to return in that situation because they dont know the law and feel well looked after. The part must be replaced FOC by the garage. The customer would be out of pocket if they are charged trade price.......when the terms of their warranty are for 12 month replacement FOC unless you state otherwise on your invoices.

It may not "legally" be the right thing to do, but a better option than the op has been left with, more a case of meeting on middle ground if the customer was happy to do so ( i did say discuss with customer)

Re reading the original post i would also question why an alternator just 9 months old is beyond repair

Sponsored Links
Back