advice about stick on astragals needed please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I got three plain upvc double glazed windows from the dump for a renovation I am doing. We have planning permission for cottage style windows with astragals though as this would be more in keeping with the building, but the windows are one big sheet of glass.

Does anyone know if you get stick on upvc astragals and whether they can be used on double glazed units?

Many thanks for any help!!

Window novice.

Sponsored Links
I think you probably can get them although they will probably look sh*t if the profiles don't match the windows exactly. I guess you'd have to stick them on the inside too otherwise it would look really sh*t from the inside as opposed to just sh*t. :LOL: You should also check that that planners will accept them, stick-on astragals are sometimes frowned upon by planning. You could have a look at these clowns http://www.double-glazing-replacement-windows.co.uk/double_glazing_england.htm for suppliers or start with your local suppliers. Try and steer clear of window fitters and start your search with the suppliers/manufacturers.

Thanks! Will check with planners but the building was an outbuilding in the middle of nowhere that we are turing into a gallery and only had very vague measurements so hopefully it will be ok. Yeah, am a bt worried it will look sh*t especially with double glazing so am trying to find examples where it has been done on the web at the mo! Free windows is good though if we can make it work. If anyone has done it before let me know!

Thanks again

Elly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back