Advice connecting shower waste pipe to existing soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently am planning a bathroom renovation. Currently I have a bath tub that has drain that connects to a soil pipe that runs straight down from upstairs to downstairs via a drywall cavity which has a access panel which gives access to a inspection cap on the soil pipe itself. I am planning to install a really low level shower tray which would be level to the floor. But for the drain of this not to have to cross joists, I have to go straight down into the WC downstairs which is about 50cm away from the drywall cavity that hides the soil pipe that is running down. The plan is to box the pipe up and then enter the existing cavity.

My question is, without having to break the drywall cavity and with the access I have currently, is there any way to make a connection to this pipe as picture below?

afYjSP6.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back