Advice for painting newly plastered walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've got a newly plastered house. Once the plaster has fully dried out, we wondered how best to tackle the painting.

I was thinking either:

OPTION A
1. Water down some Leyland Colour Mixed paint - I don't know the consistency to mix - and then paint.
2. One/Two coats of normal Leyland Colour Mixed Paint paint on top
Paint the lot with a roller.

OPTION B
1. Get some Dulux White SuperMatt and water down - again don't know consistency. Use a Spray to do this coat: http://www.hss.com/g/61421/Portable-Airless-Spray.html

2. One/Two coats of normal Leyland Colour Mixed Paint paint on top. Paint this with the spray (if we like the finish) or with a roller if we don't.

Any idea if sprays are any good for painting ceilings?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks - excellent link

I've read another other threads on here.

Any thoughts on mohair pads vs rollers.

There seemed a love of the "Peter Pad" that used mohair pads. These pads are now available from Stanley, I've used one before and found the coverage very smooth and even.

Any thoughts?

Also, as for pads. There seems a debate between natural and synthetic and short vs medium.

On newly skimmed walls, I would think short synthetic pile? But splashback is always a pain.

Sponsored Links
I have no idea about pads.

Pro-dooz short pile roller sleeve is hard to beat, if you have a lot to do it might be worth buying a 12' sleeve and a purdy adjustable frame, worked off a pole there isn't anything much quicker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back