Advice given on electirc shower and pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I posted ages ago about my ongoing shower problem.
To recap have a triton 9.5 w electric shower. Cart electricion did the wiring. We did the plumbing. Plumbed from the rising main in the kitchen, through the wall to the bathroom next door, along side the bath and up the wall to the shower. Live on 16th floor flat.
Low pressure indicater comes on so no hot water.Checked all obvious thanks to people on here.

Well I haven't done anything for ages as sort of gave up on it, but decided to contact a plumber to ask for a quote /ideas to sort it.

They are telling me that i will have to fit a impalar pump and change pipes to to go to the tank. I explained that i can't have the pump having it's own pipe to going to the water tank, as it's a shared one on the roof of the block, and they said I would have to have it fitted to the pipe feeding the bath. I thought this was contry to what I was told and have read, and that the pump meeded it's own supply pipe to the tank?

Who or what is right please?

Marth

Sponsored Links
Ideal for the pump to have a dedicated supply but since you cannot due to the communal tank, using the bath supply which I guess would not be in use when having a shower or vice versa is a reasonable solution to your problem.
Pete

The pump does need its own, seperate, supplies i.e. not one taken from a pipe supplying something else.

Edit: What Fluffster says is reasonable but it makes no difference if the bath is not used if other taps in the flat are used, any tap being used will cause a drop in the amount of water going to the pump and possibly damage it.

Sponsored Links
Hiya, thanks both of you for your replies.

So my options are: install a pump and ban anyone from flushing the loo or turning on a bathroom tap whilst someone is showering, or ditch the shower altogether and write it off to inexperience?

What shower could I get given my circs (if any) ? :16th floor flat, overnight economy 7 water heater, communal water tank on roof, and mains water that can fill a bucket in 30 seconds from the kitchen cold water tap, but drops to more like 1.40 from the shower?

Marth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back