Advice - how to run cable between corner of ceiling and wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm trying to run some ceiling speakers to a wall mounted control panel.

I've managed to get the wire from the speakers to the wall in the roof space. There's a baton that runs right along (horizontally) at the top of the wall (that the plasterboard is fixed to). I can't get behind this baton to run the cable down the wall.

I just wondered what the best way is to get the cable down the inside of the wall?

Do I just use a wood chisel and put a slot in the baton? Or is there another way to do this?

Many thanks for the advice.

Sponsored Links
Ideally a hole cutter to take the cable centrally down the baton rather than having it close to the surface. Make sure you use low smoke zero halogen fire rated cables.

Ideally a hole cutter to take the cable centrally down the baton rather than having it close to the surface. Make sure you use low smoke zero halogen fire rated cables.

The baton isn't very deep. It's just a piece of 2" x 2" I think (or maybe even 2" x 1"). Certainly not big enough to drill the centre.

The cable I bought is just this stuff: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006LW0W5Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It doesn't mention anything about being low smoke / zero halogen. However, it's just to four ceiling speakers (total run of the four cables combined is probably about 30 mtrs) so I would guess that if my house got to the stage that these were on fire it would mean that the whole kitchen was on fire so the "low smoke" part would be the least of my worries :)

Thanks very much for your help/advice on this. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back