Adding a plug socket - round a corner

Nope, but do keep it inline with the socket.

Try and keep it touching the face of the plasterboard as much as possible too, better for heat dissipation than in the middle of Rockwool/celotex (you wouldn't get it down the middle of celotex anyway)

Sponsored Links
Well, when you put it like that.....
Yes, my intention is to lay laminate/engineered wood floating on the concrete. So, perhaps I could lay the cable on the same level of concrete as the floor?
What about insulation between concrete and flooring? What's on the floor at present?

What about insulation between concrete and flooring? What's on the floor at present?
Carpet with underlay. I assumed it was concrete directly under that but there appears to be some sort of particle board. I've just had a chap round to quote for engineered wood floor, which is going to be ~25mm high with underlay.

Carpet with underlay. I assumed it was concrete directly under that but there appears to be some sort of particle board. I've just had a chap round to quote for engineered wood floor, which is going to be ~25mm high with underlay.

Very likely to be green chipboard on a layer of celotex rigid insulation.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back