trunking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it ok to run a spur from a ring circuit to a new socket using plastic surface mounted trunking?

If so can it be run horizontally across a wall?

I want to add a double socket into a utility room by feeding a cable through the wall into the utility from an existing double socket..this will be used for a fridge freezer..

i was going to chase the back box into the wall, but now am wondering if I can run the cable further round the wall to hide the socket behind the fridge freezer?

Sponsored Links
Is it ok to run a spur from a ring circuit to a new socket using plastic surface mounted trunking?
Yes, and its the easiest way to add new points without causing too much disruption

If so can it be run horizontally across a wall?
Surface trunking can be run whereever as lomg as it is not subject to mechanical damage, the rules on concealed cbaling routing are because they cant be seen and if they arn't where you expect them to be, they can be drilled into... you'd have to be a bit 'special' to drill througha bit of YT2 on teh surface...

I want to add a double socket into a utility room by feeding a cable through the wall into the utility from an existing double socket..this will be used for a fridge freezer..
Sure, as long as the existing point is directly on the ring itself

i was going to chase the back box into the wall, but now am wondering if I can run the cable further round the wall to hide the socket behind the fridge freezer?
As long as the plastic surface socket is not at risk of being damaged by the freezer being moved out and back again to clean around it, etc... how much do you need to move it over? too much to get it by drilling at an angle?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back