Do I need to contain this mains electric cable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Running a spur off a double socket to make another double socket behind this unit. The spur cable will run down the wall from the original socket, along the floor around the room perimeter and then up the wall to final destination.

I was planning to trunk the verticals up&down from the original socket (then hide behind skirting board upto the front of the unit base) and also trunk upwards to the new socket too. But do I need to wrap or contain the cable in trunking behind the unit as well?

FYI a washing machine will be plugged in and will sit on top of this riser / unit frame to the left hand side, once complete.

Pics here; https://imgur.com/a/vdXyJ8T

Sponsored Links
Running a spur off a double socket to make another double socket behind this unit. The spur cable will run down the wall from the original socket, along the floor around the room perimeter and then up the wall to final destination. ... I was planning to trunk the verticals up&down from the original socket (then hide behind skirting board upto the front of the unit base)...
You need to learn about 'safe' (really 'dangerous'!) zones for concealed cables. Running vertically to the existing sockets is OK, but running horizontally behind skirting is a no-no.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back