Chasing around corner.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am intending to wire a row of kitchen sockets along two walls using oval mini-trunking horizontally chased into the wall between the socket boxes. The problem comes when I reach the corner. Due to the right angle bend it will not be possible to draw the cable through the trunking and so the cable would have to be installed in a permanent way around the corner at the same time as the trunking. Is this an acceptable thing to do? Is there a way of overcoming this without taking the cable runs up to the ceiling (there is a concrete floor) and back down again?

Many thanks for any replies.
TinTack.

Sponsored Links
Home you mean oval conduit or capping - not trunking.

You could use 20mm round conduit, and pull a 90deg bend with a spring - you would only get 1 x 2.5 T+E round the bend though.

There is no problem with the cable being "perminant" - you dont have to use tube/cap/trunk at all.......but for reasons I can't be bothered to explain, it is best to use it.

Remeber that if you are working in the kitchen, the dreaded P comes into play...

Yes, sorry, I did mean oval conduit. I was planning to mitre the corners, but bending the round stuff seems a much better idea. Many thanks for that.

Sponsored Links
Lectrician said:
You could use 20mm round conduit, and pull a 90deg bend with a spring - you would only get 1 x 2.5 T+E round the bend though.

For that matter, you could use 25mm.....or use conduit throughout with singles.........

I quite often fit 20mm conduit, and use male conduit adaptors (the ones with a bush) at the socket boxes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back