Advice: is this a slab failure of extension floor ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, I'm in need of a kitchen refurb on house bought two years ago. The house has had a single story extension to extend the kitchen and to create a garage. But my biggest worry is the floor and potential cost to resolve.

Along the join of the old kitchen floor and extension slab there is either a crack or expansion gap in the concrete itself...I have removed floor tiles and part of kitchen cabinets and obviously cracked screed to expose the concrete. It's a very straight crack or gap a few mm in terms of height difference.

Just wondering if this is an expansion gap or something more serious to worry about.Extensions been in place for 20 years.

Externally there are some cracks in the mortar but told they were thermal expansion. So hopefully not subsidence.
IMG_20211231_141633343.jpg
IMG_20211231_141633343.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211231_141452690.jpg
    IMG_20211231_141452690.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 69
Sponsored Links
Is that where the original wall would have been? I would guess its been filled with concrete to join the old to new?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back