Advice Need on my recent cement patching on floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have recently took up the UPVC strip which also brought up the line of tiles in front our balcony sliding patio door at the same time due to new carpet going down in a few weeks. So as I took the strip up and tiles I decided to remove any lose cement which left a few small holes.

As you can see from the image I patched these up myself about 3 to 4 days ago and it all looks and feels fine apart from a small bit on the right of the image that looks damp / wet but feels solid if I touch.

Does anyone know why this has happened as I don't think its a leak in the door as we had no rain but that door does get cold in the night and we are on a first floor flat so it cannot be damp I don't think.

Should I remove that section and replace with some new stuff again or just leave it as it is. We are putting a UPVC strip across that area before the carpet go's down so no carpet will be over that section.

Sponsored Links
was there a dpc underneath the bit you patched?
I would imagine so.

I had this a while back, and it was simply a part of the floor that took longer to dry than other parts. Maybe wait a while longer to see if it properly cures?

you mean dpc? Damp Proof Course.

Then i saw in your other thread that you're on the first floor, so i think it's irrelevant anyway.

Sponsored Links
Sorry it was a typo,

Yep we are on first floor flat and this is the sliding door that go's onto our balconey.

All i did was remove the small bits of lose cement then re filled the dust free holes. I did not put anything else down

Chris

Can anyone also suggest what am i best to use to level the floor where the tiles came up. Should i use a self level compound in this area or just cement mix.

Can i use a ready mixed concreat for this?

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back