Advice needed: Best cheap combi boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Performance not really an issue (rental property) reliability is the more important factor.

looking at either a Main 24HE or Biasi Riva 24 or 28 HE, which one do you pros recommend?

cheers.

Sponsored Links
reliability is the more important factor.

looking at either a Main 24HE or Biasi Riva 24 or 28 HE, which one do you pros recommend?

cheers.

if you want reliability avoid cheap tat.

Sponsored Links
well i cant afford a worcester or vaillent, so its gonna be a 550 quid box of 'tat', I'll get a band B as it will probably be more reliable (being a converted band d boiler) just asking weathe i buy an Ariston, Main, Biasi etc..?

so i need... the best of a not so good bunch 500quid condensing combi boiler.

cheers

I might be a cheapskate, but the BBU in the kitchen is far more dangerous than my tight wallet!

I will be renewing the entire system, so no blocked secondary/plate HE's here.

I've done a search and Biasi comes up alot, so at mo your confirming what i've read

biasi 28kw riva compact he(band b)
or more advanced "smarter" boiler heat-line vizo 'plus' 24kw(A rated)

they are the best cheap boilers around at the moment IMO

if you must go cheap get a Heatline but make sure it's installed correctly.

You can get a cheap Ravenheat with a 3 yr manufacture parts and labour warranty.
Ravenheat do not deserve the bashing they get in my view.
As said make sure it goes on a clean system and you have a good fighting start.

Pete

Heatline 'Caprize' 25 is suiotablly priced. yeah or na, cant find a viso.

You can get a cheap Ravenheat with a 3 yr manufacture parts and labour warranty.
Ravenheat do not deserve the bashing they get in my view.
As said make sure it goes on a clean system and you have a good fighting start.

Pete
Ravenheap have an excellent track record and pedigree I agree. :LOL:

All to confusing!!!

Right....

you have just lost your gas/plumbing job and your boiler has just exploded all over the kitchen, you are down to your last £550 and need heat, which combi boiler would you buy?

ps. you need the boiler to last as long as possible as you have just been informed that band A and B boilers are being outlawed next month due to global warming and the new super efficent band AAAAAAA systems will cost £10000+ for a basic model.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back