Advice needed for bathroom pipework and boxing in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm looking to renovate rather than refit a new bathroom and things are pretty much in order but I have no idea what to do about the boxing in of the pipework. It frankly a mess.

AS you can see from the pictures below the boxing includes an access panel to the toilet but on the right hand side it is constantly plagued by water pooling on top from the shower. It pools here and has caused the crappy wood to rot.

It doesn't smell great either as its constantly damp. I dont think they used proper materials when they fitted it to be honest.

Can someone please advise on the best course of action to have this redone so that the water from the shower is less of an issue.

What materials you would advise and roughly how much this kind of work would cost to have done. I'm in London.

Thanks for your feedback in advance

Sponsored Links
hings won't improve until you can stop the water splashing there.....you need a glass shower screen or a bloomin' good curtain.
A cheap fix would be to replace the timber if its rotten, then tile on top if its in reasonable condition when completely dry.
John :)

You could clad with white pvc [soffit cladding etc] which wipes clean and is waterproof.Less seams than tiles and easier to keep clean.

Sponsored Links
Totally take the point on the shower screen and will get onto that. It will probably make the room look much bigger too.

Im trying to avoid using any more tiles as they aren't very aesthetically pleasing and I have just made a decision not to retile the whole lot to save cash.

Once I have the screen in place does anyone know how hard a job it will be for someone to refit the boxing of the pipes?

What materials are best used?

Will it be a tricky job given that an access panel needs to be incorporated to under the toilet as per the pocture?

Any suggestions on cost?

Thanks again

Your better off using MDF, much easier to work with and make sure your shower screen is fitted first. Or you'll be back to square one.

Andy

What about the PVC cladding option?

The more I look at it the more I think that Cladding might be better.

"OOOO" marine ply very expensive indeed,exterior ply will do fine ,diy shops that do cutting would be just the dab for you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back