advice needed - knocking through a wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm after some advice please. We are looking to knock through the wall between our kitchen and our 'family/playroom'.

The family room was once the garage, but previous owners converted it to be part of the house, so the wall we want to knock down is what was once the back of the garage. The kitchen is in a part of the house which is an extension (ground floor and 1st floor).

I think that the wall we want to knock down has the bathroom wall above it, but not sure if this makes it a supporting wall???? (sorry, totally stupid about major DIY)

Anyway, we would obviously get professionals in to do the job, but what I want to know is whether a builder would be able to tell us if the wall is a supporting wall, or if we should get another professional in (eg structural engineer?????? or someone else) to determine this sort of stuff for us.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back