Advice needed of Toilet/WC purchase and install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I am about to change my cloakroom WC and I have decided on Ideal Standards. Only because I have been in Holiday Inn far too many times :), Unless there are any recommendations for cheaper and similar?

I am looking at: -
1) Jasper Morrison Close Coupled Dual Flush Cistern (E622401)
2) Concept Cube Close Coupled Cistern with Dual Flush (E785901)

Questions: -
1) I have also seen that the prices seem to vary widely, so please where is the best place to buy from?

2) Additionally, what else will I need to buy for the installation?

3) The pipe that goes into my existing WC has no stop valve on it. Do I need to put one on?
Do the pipe joints have to be welded or can I fit a flexi type hose between where i cut the water pipe and where it joins to the new WC?

4) Tiling: - The soil pipe comes from the floor. Do I tile all around and then sit the WC on top of it, and then drill via the tiles and the floor to fix WC. That looks like its
going to be a difficult job because the floor is concrete

Thanks for taking the time to read

cooa99

Sponsored Links
2. Pan connector, screws/plugs, lube, mastic. cant think of anything else

3. You should have an isolation valve before a float valve so I'd put one in. Cut the pipe anywhere you want and use flexi hose if you wish. The joints dont need to be soldered/welded.

4. Tile it first, put the pan where it needs to go and then mark the screw holes. Then remove the pan and drill the holes. Why would it be difficult to drill through concrete?

thanks very much.

Im still looking for where the best place to buy these suites. Looks like i will be adding ROCA to list of potentials

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back