Advice Needed on how to repair another damaged corner please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone again,

So I'm in the process of renovating my dining room and this involved removing two metal mesh formers that used to form a curved arch between this room and the kitchen extension.

This former had been plastered over by the previous owners on the kitchen extension side and so has left a large drop between the plaster in the kitchen and the lintel.

IMG_20140511_0743288761_zpsf2518ad7.jpg

My plan was to mount a stop bead underneath so this would hold the hardwall in place and then skim over it at a later date but I'm having trouble mounting the stop bead to the lintel. I even mounted offcuts of angle which I bent the mesh so it wouldn't protrude but I'm not keen on this idea either.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

:D

Sponsored Links
If the basecoat needs holding up, I would suggest it needs knocking off.
I would be tempted to remove it if it is shot at, and dot/dab plasterboard to underside, level with the vertical drop of wall. Leave to set then render/base coat between existing wall above opening, then thin coat angle beads, then plaster finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back