Advice.Neighbour wanting dormer loft on single party wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all. Looking for advise regards neighbours wanting a larger dormer loft putting in on there property. I have a few concerns to this. One being noise issue as can hear ever footstep on the landing as it is, not to mention when they are in there loft as it is.
Second is structure as its only a poorly put together single block party wall. They mentioned to my partner about anchoring to it. At the top of the stairs on landing their is a crack in the party wall as it is that keeps appearing even after being repaired.
Can anyone explain my rights etc?
Theyve not spoken to me about this or asked for any permission. Just metioned to my partner that they will be having one done soon.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You have very little rights.

If a Party Wall Notice is served, then you may be able to influence working times for the dormer part of the work, but that's it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back