Advice on best repair for chipped waterproof laminate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have just had some waterproof/water resistant laminate installed in our kitchen. Unfortunately a hammer was dropped on to it causing two small but fairly deep chips. Photo below. It looks like it has gone through the laminate into the material below.

I am worried about moisture/water getting in to the board causing problems. I was just wondering what the best type of material to patch/repair it would be - there seem to be loads of kits with fillers, waxes or whether it is safe just to leave it alone.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Steven
Lam Pic.jpg
Lam Pic.jpg

Sponsored Links
The one thing you can't do is just leave it! It needs to be sealed ASAP. You can get various laminate floor repair kits, such as this one, which uses a hard wax that requires a heat pen to melt it (so absolutely nothing like a lot of the wax products you have oerhapa come across) and which will seal small chips. By mixing colours it is possible to get a reasonable match with this type of product

Okay, thanks so much. I thought it may let moisture in if I left it but I wasn't sure on the best method of fixing it. I suspect there will be more over time, so I will get the kit you suggest for patching it up. Thanks again!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back