advice on building condesation under renovation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i am currently renovating my house. currently i have had new windows although there is still a good draugh through as the vent covers have not yet been fitted. I have a new extension that is dot and dabbed and plastered yesturday, the loft has bno insulation yet. The rest of the house is plastered and painted. Currently i have no heating and won;t have for another 3 months. Its getting cold now and when the spread was here he mentioned i should be carefull about getting mould growing etc. Am i best to leave the ventilation in until i get my heating on, or should i really get some sort of temporary heating on the go and try to stop the cold draughts. thanks

Sponsored Links
Just because there is no heat does not mean the property will experience condensation, and later mould

Don't bother with heating. You may want to allow any plaster/screed to dry off properly as this will cause condensation on the windows, but once this has dried, you only really need to allow some air in - via trickle vents or a window on the catch

ventilation dries off plaster, better than heat does. and cheaper. If you leave the loft hatch open, there will be a good airflow. You just need to protect pipes etc against frost.

Sponsored Links
ok ill leave as is, the hatch is open so theres been a good air flow through, thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back