Advice on choosing tile splashback colors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - Need some advice on choosing tile splashback colours. Most examples I have seen have the splashbacks matching the floor, worktops or units. My floor and worktops are black, and my units are beech. Kitchen is quite small and so don't want to darken it even more by putting in a black splashback. Have been experimenting with pinky beige colours but don't look too good. Will be selling place in a few years so want something non-offensive (boring), but want a modern look that will complement the rest of the flat. Can anyone help with colour suggestions or pics of beech/black combination kitchens? Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Hi there, Im just currently renovating a house and have tiled floors, walls, kitchens, bathrooms etc so have been looking for tiles many times....im also trying to get a modern contemporary feel to my renovations....so as a suggestion, and its all down to personal taste of course, have you thought of using just white tiles but in a different size to a standard normal, like rectangular shape or even a stainless steel splash back panels? For inspiration try the Channel 4 wed site under homes. they have lots of pics of kitchens on there. Hope this helps....you should post some pics up on this site so we can see your new kitchen? Cheers mate .

novice - it's got to be white. Consider something like Metro, these are 200mm x 100mm with a bevelled edge and look great fixed in a 'brick' pattern. You can also get them in black.

See link for pic:

www.toppstiles.co.uk/tprod965/section/Metro-Cream-Wall-Tile.html

With bevelled edged tiles laid in a brick pattern you have to be a little more careful planning your end cuts if they're to finish in trim 'cos the real edge is thinner than an edge produced when cutting across the tile field.

Sponsored Links
i did a floor / wall combo just before xmas, they had black floor and black surfaces, and wanted a blue tile on the wall, i did as instructed and you know the contrast looks pretty good actually

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back