Advice on connecting a second tv/aerial connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am currently having my loft converted and I want to have an aerial/tv connection in the attic from the existing aerial on the roof.

How is the best way to do this.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The signal strength will be reduced if shared between multiple TV's, so, you could use something like this. Connect your existing aerial to the 'input' socket and connect your existing TV to one of the output sockets and the new TV in the loft to the other output socket.

Other versions are available with more outputs so you could add more TV's later should you wish.

The splitter needs a mains power supply, and is usually best located in the loft near the aerial.

Sounds like a good solution, would I just cut the current coax cable as it passes through the attic and re join through the splitter?

Sponsored Links
That's the idea, you will need to fit a coaxial plug / socket to the cut ends. This will depend upon the splitter you buy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back