Advice on draining a boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I was wondering how to go about draining down a boiler in a two storey house (ground and first floor). The boiler is located in a bedroom on the first floor. 4 radiators first floor, 3 radiators ground floor.

Tubing to the ground floor radiators goes into the subfloor, in other words tubing goes below the ground floor level.

I understood that it was needed to drain a boiler from the lowest point. I can drain it from one of the radiators on the ground floor but this will leave water in the tubing in the subfloor.

Is that the normal way to do it, i.e. leave water in the subfloor tubing

Sponsored Links
I have a problem with an expansion vessel. I have charged it and I am going to watch to see if system maintain pressure.

I am just preparing, if it came to it, how to drain down the boiler system.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. There is a filling loop with isolation valves on both ends just below the boiler. I could disconnect the one end of that and drain the boiler that way then

Thanks. There is a filling loop with isolation valves on both ends just below the boiler. I could disconnect the one end of that and drain the boiler that way then

Assuming the DCV is fitted on the correct, ie. mains water, side

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back