Advice on draining the boiler/CH system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Could any one give me some general advice or step by step instuctions on how to drain my central heating system :confused: , It appears that my diverter valve diaphram has perished as i have lost HW but not CH, there is also a build up of limescale aroung the shaft gland. any advice would be very much appriciated as have been without HW for 4 days now :( and missus is getting narky with me!!!

Regards

tomk

Sponsored Links
check for isolation valves on the boiler flow and return pipes and the cold water supply to the boiler. If you have them, it may not be necessary to drain the entire heating system to service the diverter valve.

But what boiler is it? Why is it not flow switch ? And why doesn't she fix it! [just joking mrs tomk]

Mark

Milk, no sugar ta.

Sponsored Links
it's a baxi 105e, not sure if it;s the flow switch :confused: looks like there's loads of isolation valves, i'll have a proper check tommorow and decide on plan of action! ta for replies

tomk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back