Advice on Garage, sinlgle or double skin.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm shorlty starting to build the below garage / workshop in my garden. It's 30ft deep and 30ft wide (at it's rear). I've allready been given planning permision for it, but I told them it was going to be single skin.

I was adviced buy a few people that I should do it double skin, they told me that it would not be much more expensive. As if it was single skin I would need lots of pilars. Is this true??? If I did change my mind, would I have to re-apply for planning permision again?? The garage will be built from concrete block with a tiled roof.

roof.jpg

Sponsored Links
Jimster said:
I was adviced buy a few people that I should do it double skin, they told me that it would not be much more expensive. As if it was single skin I would need lots of pilars. Is this true???
There's two thing to think about,it would take me longer to build a double wall instead of a single wall with a pier and you would also need a lot more bricks.
Best to get a quote on both then decide what you want to do.

Best to get the rest of the advice from your building control dept as you don't want no hassle from the building inspector.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back