Advice on laminate underlay...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning,

I have 34 square metres of a downstairs terrace that I want to cover completely in laminate. The kitchen will eventually be a tongue-and-groove 22m chipboard surface, the dining room will be a concrete surface and the small hallway and living room will be floorboards. I'll have a complete run of laminate throughout.

Am I OK using the same underlay with an in-built DPM across the entirety of that (chipboard, concrete and wood)? I was looking at this:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/acoustalay-foam-underlay-with-dpm-3mm-18m-green-blue/45461

Which appears to have good reviews and isn't a terrible price (for 2 packs, which is what I'm thinking I shall need).

I also saw this at B&Q, which is like a jigsaw and clearly says it's suitable for all types of subfloor.

Any other recommendations would be gladly listened to... I don't have a budget in mind, just don't want to go stupid money or dirt cheap and useless.

Sponsored Links
I am also looking at laminate underlay so excuse me for jumping in on this thread. Was this the stuff you mentioned at B&Q? http://www.diy.com/departments/seli...rene-laminate-floor-underlay-5m/252020_BQ.prd

This claims that it has a built in DPM I want to know is whether you need a separate membrane to go up the sides of the wall? I had heard that you should tank up the walls an inch or two with DPM, but this stuff, being rigid sheets, can't go up the walls.

Sponsored Links
Indeed, the Selit stuff...

I think I'm going to try this red Roberts stuff. After all, it's rather important that it's nice and colourful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back