advice on lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing my fluorescent lights with low bay lights x10 I am planning to run a new circuit from the blocks in my 3 phase supply ( right side of meter) to enable my lights to go through an upgraded system as my consumer unit is rather old. I was wondering what size mcb i require and is this a feasible way to do the job.I plan to use 2.5 twin and earth and put them on one circuit with a three way switch at the door.through junction boxes any probs with this I appreciate your advice
cheers

Sponsored Links
From the question you have asked I am not sure you are competant to carry out this work and following on from Crafty would advise you get the work carried out by a qualified electrician especially since its sounds like it is a 3 phase job

What do you mean by low bay lighting, 250W metal halide / SON ??

Sponsored Links
it is not a three phase job i came off the blue phase and got a earth and neutral through the old consumer unit and through a single consumer unit. and wired three banks of lights into a 3 way switch via three separate circuits 250w low bay metals. I install sub stations for a living and though this does not qualify me as a sparky it does help with electrical craft theory and sometimes practical. I was just looking to see if there was a blatant mistake that I had oversighted.
cheers anyway..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back