Advice on microbore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
I am currently having a conservatory built. It will be 4x3.5x2.9 to the peak.
I have worked out that the heating that i require will be 2.6 to 3KW can any one confirm that this will be ok. one wall solid (with small windows on top) the other two glass with dwarf walls and a polycarb roof.

I have finally decided to extend the central heating in to the conservatory instead of using electric as i do not like the smell from electric heating and they also look a bit naff.

I asked the builder to leave a channel in the floor for the pipes but he has informed me that normally the pipes are placed behind the plaster board if the brick work is not left exposed.

I am going to install two radiators one on the house wall and one on the far wall of the conservatory. my plan is to run 15mm pipe down from up stairs then tee off on the first radiator in 8mm to supply the second. The radiator from this will be 1.755kw(5988btu) i have read that 8mm max is 1.5kw the maths says its not large enough but could it be ok?
From the tee off to the radiator is about 6meters is this another issue if the pipes are ran together should they be separated?

i have not ran micro bore behind plaster board before but would like to keep it as close to the wall as possible how do i install the pipe? capping? plastic coated pipes? behind the skirting?
Your advice is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I have worked out that the heating that i require will be 2.6 to 3KW can any one confirm that this will be ok

I expect it will be a thermal disaster. What are the U values and areas..?

instead of using electric as i do not like the smell from electric heating
does anyone? and not all electric heaters smell of burning dust. Oil rads have the element enclosed, and thus do not smell. Ever.

I wouldn't extend the central heating into the conservatory anyway. Heard horror stories about pipes freezing and the cold in the conservatory carrying to the rest of the house etc.

Some oil rads look modern anyway. What about underfloor electric heating? this wont smell either.

just been trying to work it out

found out the following
e-glass =1.6

floor =0.6
roof 25mm poly carb =1.4
cavity wall =1.5 (don't know if that is cavity wall insulation or not)

size = 4x3.5x2.1=29.4m3
there is roof peak on this but to keep it simple left that out

total
wall (dwarf and on side brick) =11.3m2
glass =12.85
floor =14
roof= 14

11.3x1.5=16.95
12.85x1.6=20.56
14x1.4=19.6
14x0.6=8.4
sum =65.51

(sum+(0.33*volume change*volume))x(required temp+outside temp)=W

(65.51+(0.33*1*29.4))*(21--2)=w
(65.51+9.702)*23=W

=1729W

this seem way to small
one thing i have not included is the joining wall to the house but would guess that this does not effect the heat required.

If some one could check over the calc for me it would be appriciated
cheers

Sponsored Links
Was going to fit thermosat to protect from frost so would of thought it should be ok with central heating extention.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back