advice on new circular saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After many years of service my circular saw is no longer usable – blade has about ¾ of end float … making straight cuts impossible.
The 7 ¼” B&D was a good investment – lasted at least 35 years.

Looking to get a new mains circular saw … be interested if anybody has a good or bad experience of following 190mm saws

Bosch GKS 1250W £134
Makita HS7601 1200W £109
Erbauer ERB566 1500W £80
and 2 much cheaper units:
Titan 1500W £49
Evolution 1500W £49

I don’t need an all-day everyday saw so discounted the £200+ models
99% of the time when it is used it is to cut sheet material 20mm or less in thickness, and occasionally the odd sheet of 25mm ply.

Sponsored Links
I have an old Wickes 9" circular saw that's now about 20 years old, and still going strong; as is the SDS drill.

Sponsored Links
Evolution. It's far better equipped for sparing use on a wider range of materials.

I have a evolution saw and I can't fault it, I don't use it every day but I have cut sheet material and metal and all with a clean cut.

Mike

The evolution rage are not made any more. At least that's what I was told when I contacted the company a few weeks ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back