advice on new radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope some of you gurus can help me.

Background:
Recently had a loft conversion where we added 3 radiators, 2 in the main room and 1 bathroom radiator in the en-suite.

Boiler is a Glowworm energy saver 80, rated at 83,600 Btu/h

Builders installed and added the plumbing and went around and supposedly balanced the system. However 1 of the radiators in the loft is nice and hot but the other 2 just dont have any heat at all. they have had some heat after initial balancing/filling etc..

Throughout the house their is a total of 13 radiators its a 3 bed house with the addition of the new loft radiators.

Can anyone offer any advice as to why/what the reasons are that we cannot get these 2 radiators to heat up!

The rest of the system is really v.hot.

Most (not all) of the rads have thermostatic valves on them.

thanks, appreciate any help/advice

Kev

Sponsored Links
Have you bled air from them?

Assuming its a pressurised system have you kept the pressure at about 1.5 Bar cold ???

It probably needs a little further balancing and that has to be done properly with TRVs.

There are still many plumbers who think you dont need to balance rads with TRVs.

CALL THEM BACK !

Tony

Hi, I have bled the radiators and the builder did reportedly use a trv and said the system was balanced but cannot get these 2 rads to heat up or at least stay hot!

I read somewhere there is a bypass valve which may need setting correctly, anyone know about this?

Is this a system boiler? I do not know this particular boiler.

If not has the F & E tank been raised to at least 1M above the highest rad in the system?

Sponsored Links
Shut the valves on all the rads except the 2 that dont warm up and try bleeding them again, if they do warm up then its a balancing issue
If not, let us know

Try pressurising the boiler higher to 2 Bar and see what happens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back