Advice on pumped hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I need a bit of advice please.
I've just installed a shower with a 3.3 bar pump off a Warix flange which works great. I now would like to fit a pump to increase the pressure to the hot water through the rest of the house. I've looked on the Salamander & Techflow sites and they say you can tee off the vent pipe at 45 degrees to feed the pump but I don't understand how this will work, surely it would suck air?? Can anybody tell me the best way to do it.
Thanks in advance,
Neil.

Sponsored Links
If you're boosting the suply to the rest of the house, surely this could include the shower.

Can't you just repipe the shower to the existing hot and cold, then boost the whole house with the new pump. (using the warix flange)?

Therefore you don't need the current shower pump.

might aswell use that pump. 3.3 bar is abit over the top for just a shower.

Sponsored Links
Yes I get what you mean, the pump is actually for 3 showers (1 bathroom & 2 en suites). I thought the shower(s) had to have their own supply so other taps could be used without affecting it. If I were to do as you say what would happen with the vent pipe?
Cheers.
Neil.

So can I just leave the existing outlet from the cylinder as a vent and tee off the warix for the hot water?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back