Advice needed for hot water feed to new shower pump

so you have come to the conclusion that the cylinder is not filling quick enough to your using ?

Sponsored Links
Yup....looks that way.

Although I find it hard to believe a combined 50 gallon CW tank can't fill up a 25 Gallon HW tank quick enough.

Anyone want to swap a 1,5 bar pump for a Grundfos Niagara 2.0 Bar Twin Impeller one? :cry:

Sponsored Links
Yup....looks that way.

Although I find it hard to believe a combined 50 gallon CW tank can't fill up a 25 Gallon HW tank quick enough.

Anyone want to swap a 1,5 bar pump for a Grundfos Niagara 2.0 Bar Twin Impeller one? :cry:

can't you change the 22mm feed to 28mm feeding cylinder that will sort it

To be honest I have got to the point where I'm starting to give in. I have only just replaced the 22mm, if I go for 28mm I'm still going to have to reduce to 22mm to get into the tank.

The price of all the 28mm parts will probably cost me more than a lower capacity pump, especially if I can find someone who wants mine.
And there is still no guarantee that will work.

I'm convinced something else is to blame, but I have no idea what.

Why not put a low-flow shower head on, so that you have a powerful 'needle jet' shower that uses less water?

Or perhaps is there some kind of flow restrictor you could use in the shower valve inlets or outlet?

why do you need to reduce it back to 22mm ?
needs to be 28mm all the way.

it should say in the pump mi that it requires 28mm for a 2 bar pump.

Not really considered flow restrictors, not sure how to use them, its not just a shower fed by the thermastatic valve, its also a bath filler,to be honest I have not tried the shower part (not finished installing that, only the bath filler so far)

I have a few more things I can try. Will re-post in a few days.

But thanks so far.

p.s. 22mm pipe is recommended in the manual

Grundfos1

Drain the cylinder again and remove the cold feed pipe where it enters
the cylinder and check its not partially blocked there.

and as gas4you suggested to you fit an essex flange..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back