Advice on repair of exterior rendering around uPVC windows.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am after some advice please from as many experts on this as possible.

My house is painted rendered pebbledash and needs some attention around the uPVC windows.

As you can see in the photographs :
//www.diynot.com/network/midland/albums/2756

Over the last few years the area between the window edge and rendering has peeled away. The rendering is in good condition, firmly stuck to the wall but obviously I need to repair this damage before it gets worse.
I'm not sure what is the best solution.
I was thinking of first using a stiff brush to remove all the loose bits then using a flexible rubber sealant to seal the gap between the uPVC frame and the cement but then what do I do next, do I use cement to build up the surface layer and then paint it.
Do I need to paint it and then apply a rubber sealant in the corners?

It was last painted about 14 years ago so will need painting again for sure.

Can anyone please help on what I should do.

Thanks
Andy

Sponsored Links
I'm not an expert on this but have just (last year) had new windows fitted and got damage to surround. Contractor used a PVA mix to bond the mix of silver sand and cement and threw pebbledash at it then sealed round with frame seal, seems to have worked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back