Advice on the 17th Edition Electrical test please anyone..

If I pay your fair and digs down here can you take it for me? :LOL:

I just remembered the other thing that put my nose out was that it’s only valid for five years. I naively thought it would be like a driving test, with the onus of keeping up with changes on you afterwards.

That’s a bummer if ever there was, about making more money from us no doubt. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Look you have two hours to answer 60 questions, all the answers are in the book and are on the screen in front of you. Some are worded exactly like the text in the book.
It's all about navigation, get your self familiar with the book and don't forget there is a contents page to all parts of the book, which can come in helpful.

Look you have two hours to answer 60 questions..
Ok soz :oops: I’ll take that as your way of saying “Get a grip FFS, are you a man or a mouse! ”.

Where’s me cheese? :mrgreen:

It’s the fear of the unknown; I’m sure I’ll feel better when I have it in front of me. A bit like when I lost my virginity... :rolleyes:

loosing ones virginity, is a walk in the park compared to...... come to think of it, it was a walk in the park. :p
Any way it IS very simular to loosing your virginity, you are going to feel a little nervy, it's a massive step to take, you are a little nieve and not properly prepared, you go all trembly, it takes a little time to get in to your rhythm then all of sudden it's all done and dusted.
But not any time should you get your cock out!

Sponsored Links
laughing-smiley-002.gif

Trouble is it feels more like I’m going to lose it to another man.
speechless-smiley-014.gif

I hate exams, especially when I’m unprepared. At my age I should be cruising to retirement, not jumping through hoops.
angry-smiley-027.gif
If I wanted to jump through hoops I’d have joined a circus. :mad:

Actually, if I was going to join a circus I’ve got a different act involving my cock and an iron bar.
angry-smiley-032.gif
My dad taught me in order that I could follow in his footsteps. He had to retire sadly; his wrists couldn’t take it anymore. :D

It appears I have 1 2382 paper. No idea if it's a past paper or a practice paper, PM me your e-mail and I'll send it on.

Nervous?

16) If Ze is measured at 0.68Ω and R1+R2 is measured at 0.82Ω, the value of Zs would be
a) 2.88Ω
b) 0.18Ω
c) 1.5Ω
d) 0.5Ω

Edit: Make that 5 papers!

16) If Ze is measured at 0.68Ω and R1+R2 is measured at 0.82Ω, the value of Zs would be
a) 2.88Ω
b) 0.18Ω
c) 1.5Ω
d) 0.5Ω
What an odd question! Even if one didn't have a clue as to what Ze, Zs and R1+R2 were, but had a little knowledge of arithmetic, one could probably work out the correct answer - since I can't actually see how one could get any of the three wrong answers by any simple manipulation of 0.68 and 0.82. I would at least have expected one of the incorrect answers on offer to be 0.14 !

Kind Regards, John.

I have never had any questions like that - it's just sums.

Normally you have to look up (or already know a figure) something.

Any way it IS very simular to loosing your virginity, you are going to feel a little nervy, it's a massive step to take, you are a little nieve and not properly prepared, you go all trembly, it takes a little time to get in to your rhythm then all of sudden it's all done and dusted.
Not a good analogy - he's not going to get the exam finished in a fraction of the time it should take him.... ;)

I had to do a cable calc in my 17th ed exam.
Yes, but you either knew or looked up the variables.
Not just: which of these answers is the sum of these two numbers?

To 'help' Big Tone -
It seems in every exam/test I've had is the question
"Which of the following is not statutory?"
the answer is BS7671.
It's as if to emphasize the fact and cover themselves.
Yes I know The Building Regs. cover it but it does seem strange.

I had to do a cable calc in my 17th ed exam.
Yes, but you either knew or looked up the variables.
Not just: which of these answers is the sum of these two numbers?
Maybe, but the latter probably tests (or should test) knowledge of underlying principles better than any 'looking up' question would do (since one needs to understand that one has to add the figures) - and that can't be a bad thing, even if it hasn't got much specifically to do with the BRB.

As I wrote before, my only problem with the question, which I think rather 'spoils it', is the choice of incorrect answers they have offered.

Kind Regards, John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back